Welcome to my Blog

This is my travel blog.

17.11.11

Autumn in Oroklini

After the blistering heat of the summer, autumn is a delicious month in Cyprus. With fruit trees in full bloom, the view from my lounge window is gorgeous. We planted the trees five years ago and they have chosen this year to produce the most succulent fruit. The biggest suprise so far, has been the palm tree in the corner of the garden, which we try to avoid cutting as much as possible as its spikes are vicious and its sap seems to be poisonous!  We were bewildered to find strange bright orange pods in rows dangling from the tree. As we had no idea what they were, my husband took one to the green grocer who smiled indugently and told us to leave them till they turned brown, ready to eat. Dates!

Oranges and Lemons:  The view from my window!
Fancy a date?

No comments:

Post a Comment