Welcome to my Blog

This is my travel blog.

28.11.11

Alright on the Night?

Saturday night arrived with the much anticipated  re-opening of Lithos.  The new venue was barely recognisable from the old Sports Bar!  As I opened the attractive new glass doors, the first thing I noticed was how warm and inviting it was.  The large wood burning fire was blazing in the corner next to the new girls toilets which were, thankfully, finished and full functioning as the place was packed!
It looked lovely inside with the wooden ceiling and stone walls. There was obviously still a little work to do, but the place looked great and the atmosphere was amazing, one of those very special nights you only get at Lithos (remember that great night with Chris Andre in the summer?).
I have posted a few of the pictures I took to give you a taste of the party atmosphere. I would imagine quite a lot of money was raised for the animal charity Argos. When I have found out how much I will let you know.
Entertainment by Ged Simons, Angela and The Answer.

It's a lot bgger than it used to  be!

Go girls! - A crafty move by Sarah


This used to be the the outside patio


Got your raffle tickets ready?

I'm in the mood for dancing...

Some of you may be wondering what happened with the €100 bet between Miltos and my neighbour, to be paid on completion of the bar. Apparently Miltos paid up as the place wasn't fully finished, as had been agreed. The money was then promptly spent on raffle tickets to support the charity Argos. Even with all of those tickets my neighbour didn't win any of the prizes - is that poetic justice? I think so!

I have included the information for the charity below:



Please call me if you can help in any way with Argos. Sandy Exley Tel : 99853470
Many thanks
   














No comments:

Post a Comment